Sunday, January 29, 2017

Pousse Cafe

I am not a drinker, per say, however this/was a layered drink I was allowed to have as a child.  The colored layers were fun and intriguing to me; later, when I became a bartender I found out how it was made. To create the layers one goes in reverse from densest to not so dense.
   (Prep time: 5 minutes    Constructing time: 5 minutes  Serves: 1)

Leaning tower of....
A play on the drink using fruit
Ingredients:                
1 ounce (fluid) Grenadine
1 ounce (fluid) Maraschino
1 ounce (fluid) Green Creme de Menthe
1 ounce (fluid) Creme de Violette
1 ounce (fluid) Chartreuse
1 ounce (fluid) Brandy
Directions:
In the order listed above, pour an equal amount of each liqueur into a slender glass, forming a stack of layers. (one can/may change liquors to taste)
An array

No comments:

Post a Comment